If you have any booking enquiries or would like more information about the Barn at Holwick please do not hesitate to get in touch with Alan Kitchener.
Middleton in Teesdale
How to find The Barn
- From the East, exit the A1/A1M at Scotch Corner and travel west along the A66.
- After about 10 miles take the first exit on the right for Barnard Castle (if you miss this there is another turn after about 1 mile).
- Follow a winding road and a narrow bridge over the River Tees to Barnard Castle.
- In the centre of the town turn right up the hill to the top of the High Street and follow the signs on the left for Middleton in Teesdale and High Force.
- Pass Eggleston and into Middleton. In the centre turn left for Bowes/Brough over the River Tees again. The road rises after the bridge and at the top turn sharp right signed Holwick. This road looks like it goes nowhere but persevere! After 3 miles you will come to a scatter of dwellings including the Strathmore Arms pub. The Barn is almost opposite.
- From the west exit the M6 at Penrith and travel east on the A66.
- You have a number of choices of exit. The first is at Brough (this is the scenic route). Turn left at Brough signed Middleton in Teesdale. The road goes straight through Brough and after about a mile takes a left at a junction, again signed Middleton. This road rises over the hills to drop down to Teesdale.
- At the junction (opposite Middleton Forge builders merchants) turn left and within about a mile as the road turns right for Middleton look for a left turn signed Holwick. This road looks like it goes nowhere but persevere! After 3 miles you will come to a scatter of dwellings including the Strathmore Arms pub. The Barn is almost opposite.
- If there is a risk of this high road having problems with snow or ice, from the west continue east on the A66 to Bowes where a road goes to Teesdale, follow signs for Middleton in Teesdale and pick up the previous route to Holwick.
Or alternatively, just use your satnav, the post code is DL12 0NJ